Discover the European Statistical System (ESS) website, the single entry point to information on the organisation of the ESS and activities of its partners. For example, the Adaptation of the bilateral agreement in the area of statistics with the EU and the Statistical Yearbook of Ireland 2019. The ESS is a partnership between:
- The Statistical authority of the European Union (Eurostat),
- The national statistical institutes (NSIs) across Europe,
- Other national authorities responsible in each EU Member State for the development, production, and dissemination of European Statistics, and
- The European Economic Area (EEA) and EFTA countries.
The ESS functions as a network for users to find statistics for national (country level) or EU purposes and concentrates mainly on EU policy areas. In addition, the ESS also coordinates its work with:
- Candidate countries - countries are applying for EU membership,
- European Commission services and agencies, and
- The European Central Bank (ECB) and other international organisations, including the OECD, the United Nations (UN), the International Monetary Fund (IMF), and the World Bank Group.