Join the European Data Portal’s (EDP) workshop in the INSPIRE Conference 2020 titled: “European Data Portal and high value datasets” at 11:00 CEST on Monday 8 June. In the workshop, speakers Eline N. Lincklaen Arriëns, Gianfranco Cecconi and Antje Kügeler from the EDP team will:
- Give an overview of what the EDP is and the project’s objectives.
- Present the Open Data and Public Sector Information Directive and introduce high value datasets (HVDs).
- Elaborate on how HVDs is associated with important benefits for society and the economy.
- Discuss what are examples of datasets that may be considered HVDs.
- Converse about the lessons from INSPIRE that can be useful for the implementation of HVDs.
The European Commission is currently working with EU Member States on the identification of HVDs, which will be set out in an Implementing Act. All EU Member States are expected to ensure that HVDs are available free of charge, in machine readable formats, provided via Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) and, where relevant, can be downloaded in bulk. The thematic categories of HVDs prescribed by the Open Data and Public Sector Information Directive are geospatial, earth observation and environment, meteorological, statistics, companies and company ownership, and mobility. In the workshop, the EDP team will discuss possible datasets from the different thematic categories, with a stronger focus on geospatial datasets.
Register for the workshop and find out more on how the geospatial community might benefit from HVDs and how they can contribute to the identification and better availability of HVDs.
Looking for more open data related news? Visit the EDP news archive and follow us on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn. Interested in learning more about COVID-19 and open data? Visit our EDP for COVID-19 page.