Save the date and join the European Data Portal’s webinar “Opportunities for Value Creation in Europe: The Economic Impact of Open Data” on Friday 6 March. The webinar will have two speakers: Esther Huyer and Laura van Knippenberg, the authors of the report. In the webinar, they will discuss the key findings of the European Data Portal’s latest report – “The Economic Impact of Open Data: Opportunities for value creation in Europe” – summarised below:
- The specification and implementation of high-value datasets as part of the new Open Data Directive is a promising opportunity to address quality & quantity demands of open data.
- Addressing quality & quantity demands is important, yet not enough to reach the full potential of open data.
- Open data re-users have to be aware and capable of understanding and leveraging the potential.
- Open data value creation is part of the wider challenge of skill and process transformation: a lengthy process whose change and impact are not always easy to observe and measure.
- Sector-specific initiatives and collaboration in and across private and public sector foster value creation.
- Combining open data with personal, shared, or crowdsourced data is vital for the realisation of further growth of the open data market.
- For different challenges, we must explore and improve multiple approaches of data re-use that are ethical, sustainable, and fit-for-purpose.
Register and join us tomorrow to discuss the key findings of the report.